Information System Manager
- College Degree in computer science, management information systems or closely-related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of progressively responsible management experience as well as database management, networking, computer operations, troubleshooting and use of system utilities.
- Minimum certifications include CISCO CCNP or higher for routing and switching, security and wireless; CISCO CCNA; VMWARE VCP; MCSA; MCSE; CompTIA A+; CompTIA Network; and CompTIA Security
- Must be able to install, administer, and maintain a local and wide area network including servers and related equipment.
- Must be able to operate and maintain MAC, HP, Linex/Unix, and Microsoft computer systems.
- Should have experience with microwave and fiber communications systems.
- Must be able to integrate all the information and data systems.
- Must be able to perform detailed analysis of the complete system.
- Must possess, or have the ability to obtain, certifications or training in Microsoft Office products.
- Must possess, or have the ability to obtain, certifications or training in firewall, router and switch programming.
- Must have the ability to responsibly analyze, troubleshoot, and problem solve in any and all areas of computer functions.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Must be able to interact with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
The Information System Administrator is responsible for designing, developing and implementing all aspects of JWEMC’s computer, communication, and network systems to ensure all systems work efficiently and reliably. The position is responsible for supervising IT staff and ensuring staff provides for the computer, network and communication needs of the Cooperative.
- Responsible for maintaining all computer hardware maintenance contracts to ensure the Customer Information / Accounting Systems and the local/wide area networks are operational and available to meet the daily business processing needs of the Cooperative.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating all Management Information System (MIS) actions and support of new or renovated facilities, office moves, and equipment relocations to ensure the business needs of the Cooperative are met.
- Develop and maintain all Cooperative MIS procedures and policies.
- Responsible for network analysis, tuning, and capacity planning.
- Overseeing the installation and configuration of new computer hardware and software on all PCs, servers, and the Customer Information / Accounting Systems.
- Assist third-party vendors who need to access or interconnect with any of the MIS interdepartmental hosts, servers, or local/wide area networks to obtain as smooth and seamless a connection as possible.
- Train and assist the Cooperative personnel in the effective use of the computer hardware available to them.
- Develop and administer all backup procedures for all PC servers and the Customer Information / Accounting Systems databases. This includes the development of procedures to store the data at a secure offsite storage facility.
- Develop and track yearly budgets for IT Department. Includes providing justification for necessary expenditures.
- Responsible for maintaining antivirus updates to servers and PCs as well as research viruses and hoaxes.
- Implements the Cooperative’s cyber security processes to ensure the security of the Cooperative Customer Information / Accounting data and all user systems. Responsible for the safeguarding of all data that is stored within the cooperate infrastructure.
- Responsible for maintaining firewall configuration to ensure a secure environment.
- Responsible for Cooperative’s telephone system. Includes researching cost savings measures and long term benefits.
- Assist in maintaining the Cooperative’s website.
- Develops and maintains database of Cooperative’s computer equipment and develops plans for upgrading.
- Install, upgrade and/or assist in system issues for Customer Information / Accounting Systems, AMR, Com-Squared, IVR, HVAC and other JWEMC vendors.
- Responsible and for all aspects of the operation and maintenance of security systems, including physical security of facilities at all locations. This includes cameras and motion detection equipment in electric and fiber substations.
- Obtain continuing education on the latest computer technology and systems.
- Responsible for supervising employees in the IT Department.
- Responsible for managing Cooperative electric communications systems which include fiber systems, wireless systems, microwave systems and radio systems. This includes assisting with SCADA, AMR communications and future distribution automation communications.
- Responsible for maintaining all battery backup systems for computer and communications systems.
- Assist in the transferring of existing SCADA and AMR devices from existing communicating media to the new fiber system. Also, assist in developing fiber system to communicate with future devices.
- Responsible for getting computer systems and communications systems setup for Cooperative events.
Applications for this position will be taken until the close of business Friday, February 21, 2020.
Fill out the application HERE: JWEMC Employment Application
The above links will only be available when there is a job opening.
You must have Adobe Acrobat installed to view and fill out an application.